Arashi (WIP/Preview) Arashi (WIP/Preview)

Oh my lord. This is probably the best DnB I've heard on NG so far. And I've been here for a long while! The chord progressions are tasty as hell, the sound itself is very intriguing and unique, and the pad-work is practically flawless.

One thing I miss, though, is some variation on the drum loop, and I think the intro should be made a little fuller. Some EQ-tweaking and filtering oughta fix that. (But that's just my opinion)

Great track overall! Voted 5/5, faved, and followed!

Take care!

//K.

JandreParis responds:

Tanks ya, tanks ya! I've been around myself for quite sometime, mostly hiding in the shadows and uploading here and there.

Ah, the drum variations will certainly be sorted out. I've got some ideas for 'em.

Fuller intro? Hmm... could be, could be. I've been tweaking the mix often so it may just need some more nuances here and there. Or a bit of a soft growler underneath the pads. Ideas....

Thanks!

-J.P.

Critz Critz

The composition sounds really unconventional, which makes me happy!
Although I think you oughta work on the mix. It's pretty rough. A lot of ear-busting high-mids that annoy the guts out of me.

Keep it up.

//K.

Sequenced responds:

what r u, dubstep guru ?

Proto Moon Proto Moon

This song has its ups and downs.

Ups:
- Melody is pretty interesting. It never heads off to places that it shouldn't go, it stays within the frame but remains interesting.
- Drums are kickass.
- The mix is well balanced.
- Breakdowns \m/

Downs:
- Song is, overall, waaay too synthetic.
- Guitars sound extremely computerized.

I always get real picky when it comes to metal and such. I actually think the song was pretty heavy, but the guitar sound is really distracting. This song could've worked totally fine if you added some vocals to it. Without any singing, the guitars pop out of the mix in a way that gives the song this oldschool-NG-flash-game-feel to it (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Conclusion: The composition itself was nice, but the sounds that the song is based on are pretty underwhelming and could use some work.

Frozenith responds:

It sounds very synthesized because I compose it to sound similar to psx MegaMan X4, X5, X6, with a modern quality and a powerful sound just like some of my favorite metal bands :)

And yes, you're right, I need to make better guitars. I'll do my best effort :)

Thank for your feedback, I'm glad that you listen n_n
Cheers from Chile!

Sylveon Sylveon

I don't want to be "that guy", but artistically speaking, this is pretty bad. Sure, the colors are nice and all, but the line work and shading is sloppy. Sure, this is great fap material for those strange furry people, but I think the art portal should contain stuff that is more artistic than boner-inducing.

No h8, m8.

//Kabalist.

Cethic responds:

Well the fact that Photoshops brush isn't exactly meant for drawing kinda plays a factor in that, but that doesn't change the fact I could have done perfect lines in flash for it. Not sure what you mean about the shading being sloppy so I can't really agree or anything with you there. But either way it's your opinion, and I respect that.

But just adding, the teenager who wanted it didn't mind the picture as a whole, he got the picture, i got the item, and we are both pleased with how we got, so either way i still see it as a win.

Ironstakes Ironstakes

God, this is lovely...

The moon and fog doesn't really blend with the rest of the picture, though. But then again, who has the right to question art?

Good work, lad.

//Kabalist.

Troisnyx responds:

Eh, thanks : ) The moon and fog, I'll admit, were an afterthought, as I did that last -- and a Grimshaw moon works best with a great amount of perspective and detail, both of which this drawing doesn't have.

Still, I'm glad you like it.

P.S.: I'm a lass, not a lad. ; )